2006/08/17

Comcast cable

I found my home high speed internet became very slow in this two day. At the beginning, I thought it may be a problem from my router. (I got this kind of problem before -- reset the router, get back the speed.) But this time I was not luck. I used speakeasy to test the speed. The download was normal around 6000 kbps, but the upload testing was stuck there for a long while.

The Comcast representative I speak to is very nice. He tried to help me starting from the simple network connection check to a little bit professional check at command line. He believed that the Comcast’s Servers was fine, the problem was from some other Hops where every connection need to pass.

I hope it was just network congestion at somewhere, and will be clear at sometime.

PS: one command I learned from Comcast guy:

tracert yahoo.com

It will show you how many Hops (intermediate routers) the connection must pass through to get to yahoo sever from your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment