2006/08/18

Dell Battery Recall

As you may be aware, Dell Corp. has recently discovered that a large number of notebook betteries carry a malfunction risk. Now Dell starts bettery recall program, which gives me a feeling that Dell is a great company for his service.

My company's laptops are all bought from Dell. The one I am using now is Dell Latitude D610. I received the note this morning to visit Dell Bettery Return Programm Web to identify whether or not an at-risk battery is installed in my unit.

There are two steps to identify:
1. Model
2. PPID (Dell Part Piece Identification)
My battery was passed at first step check since it is made in Korea. As I know none of my colleagues' batteries needs change.:)

I heard of many negative feedbacks for Dell product's quality. I did not have any Dell's product until I got this D610 from my company. It works great which let me want to try more Dell's products. I even decided to sell my TOSHIBA notebook replaced with a Dell Desktop.

Hopefully, this Battery Storm will not give Dell too much hit. I believe a lot of people like me are expecting a good deal from Dell.

No comments:

Post a Comment